Re: pg_upgrade failing for 200+ million Large Objects

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: "Tharakan, Robins" <tharar(at)amazon(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade failing for 200+ million Large Objects
Date: 2021-03-07 22:41:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 7 Mar 2021, at 09:43, Tharakan, Robins <tharar(at)amazon(dot)com> wrote:

> The patch (attached):
> - Applies cleanly on REL9_6_STABLE -
> c7a4fc3dd001646d5938687ad59ab84545d5d043

Did you target 9.6 because that's where you want to upgrade to, or is this not
a problem on HEAD? If it's still a problem on HEAD you should probably submit
the patch against there. You probably also want to add it to the next commit
fest to make sure it's not forgotten about: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/33/

> I am not married to the patch (especially the argument name) but ideally I'd
> prefer a way to get this upgrade going without a patch. For now, I am unable
> to find any other way to upgrade a v9.5 Postgres database in this scenario,
> facing End-of-Life.

It's obviously not my call to make in any shape or form, but this doesn't
really seem to fall under what is generally backported into a stable release?

--
Daniel Gustafsson https://vmware.com/