Re: No sanity checking performed on binary TIME parameters.

From: Andrew McNamara <andrewm(at)object-craft(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andrew McNamara <andrewm(at)object-craft(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: No sanity checking performed on binary TIME parameters.
Date: 2009-05-26 00:41:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 26/05/2009, at 10:25 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Andrew McNamara <andrewm(at)object-craft(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
>> Are there any other cases where the binary receive functions are
>> missing sanity checks?
>
> Possibly --- you want to go looking?

Uh. I'd be lying if I said I "wanted to" - I got enough of a taste of
those functions when trying to work out what they expect when doing my
ocpgdb module. At the moment, however, I have a good excuse for
wimping out - every waking hour is being expended on swine flu related
work (although I'd almost welcome the distraction of a good *virtual*
bug hunt).