Please could we have support for isValid() method in JDBC driver?

From: jonathan(dot)lister(at)vaisala(dot)com
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Please could we have support for isValid() method in JDBC driver?
Date: 2012-04-24 12:24:01
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

There is one sample implementation posted here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2012-01/msg00001.php

Is there a good reason why the pg jdbc driver currently throws "Method
org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.isValid(int) is not yet
implemented?"

Is there a better solution to checking if a connection is valid rather
than using the isValid() method?