Smaller template database?

From: "Jeremy Trammell" <jtrammell(at)rpco2(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Smaller template database?
Date: 2003-07-25 14:21:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I am trying to use PostgreSQL as an embedded SQL database server, but the 30 meg installation size is killing me... A quick scan of the various docs/FAQs around here have made no mention of any way to trim down that template database. Am I missing something? Why must it be so large?

Thanks,
Jeremy Trammell