need to update TimestampUtils code

From: "Do, Leon (Leon)" <leondo(at)alcatel-lucent(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: need to update TimestampUtils code
Date: 2007-01-04 19:28:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

Can someone help me to update this small block of code (see BEGIN and
END block) in the TimestampUtils class or tell me the direction to do
it? The code allow the util to parse the timezone in both format hhmm
or hh:mm.

// Possibly read timezone.

sep = charAt(s, start);

if (sep == '-' || sep == '+') {

int tzsign = (sep == '-') ? -1 : 1;

int tzhr, tzmin;

end = firstNonDigit(s, start+1); // Skip +/-

//CHANGES BEGIN

//if 4 digits together

if (end - (start+1) > 2) {

//get first 2 digits as tzhr

tzhr = number(s,start+1,start+1+2);

// get the rest of digits as tzmin

tzmin= number(s,start+1+2, end);

start=end;

} else {

//CHANGES END

tzhr = number(s, start+1, end);

start = end;

sep = charAt(s, start);

if (sep == ':') {

end = firstNonDigit(s, start+1); // Skip ':'

tzmin = number(s, start+1, end);

start = end;

} else {

tzmin = 0;

}

}

// Setting offset does not seem to work correctly in all

// cases.. So get a fresh calendar for a synthetic
timezone

// instead

result.tz = getCalendar(tzsign, tzhr, tzmin);

start = skipWhitespace(s, start); // Skip trailing
whitespace

}

thanks

Leon Do