Re: Lost connection after postgres restarted

From: Nicolas Modrzyk <Nicolas(dot)Modrzyk(at)inrialpes(dot)fr>
To: johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com
Cc: Vámos Balázs <bsomav(at)freemail(dot)hu>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, c-jdbc <c-jdbc(at)objectweb(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Lost connection after postgres restarted
Date: 2004-01-22 13:56:46
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi John,

C-JDBC does support simple stored procedures calls, but we are
wondering about control of these calls...

For example, in a heterogeneous cluster of database, do you want to
force each database to implement all of the functions ?
If a call to a store procedure fails, how do you detect it ?
If a call get multiple different return values or out parameters, how
to you react ?
Which return value do you keep ? How do you verify synchronization of
the different backends of the cluster ?

I'd be interest in putting those features in C-JDBC for a cluster of
postgresql backends since they have de facto large support for store
procedures.

For homogenous clusters, this is a short term plan, so maybe we can
work something together with your solution ?

Nicolas Modrzyk.