Re: Resource Owner reassign Locks

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Resource Owner reassign Locks
Date: 2015-07-09 19:22:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On July 9, 2015 9:13:20 PM GMT+02:00, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

>Unfortunately I don't know what that means about the API. Does it mean
>that none of the functions declared in any .h file can have their
>signatures changed? But new functions can be added?

That's the safest way. Sometimes you can decide that a function can not sanely be called by external code and thus change the signature. But I'd rather not risk or here, IRS quite possible that one pod these is used by a extension.

Andres

---
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.