RE: ???solution??? --> can't run pg_dump in sh script usi ng crontab

From: "Kogotkov, Vyacheslav" <Vyacheslav(dot)Kogotkov(at)artificial-life(dot)com>
To: "'Stefan Huber'" <schweinsaug(at)crosswinds(dot)net>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: ???solution??? --> can't run pg_dump in sh script usi ng crontab
Date: 2001-02-10 14:58:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank you for your help.

I managed to get an output by mail:

"/opt/postgresql/bin/pg_dump: error in loading shared libraries:
libpq.so.2.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I've just found a solution from old postgresql archive:
"You can just put the postgresql lib directory in /etc/ld.so.conf and run
ldconfig."
It seems to be working. I've just got a dump file.
But I have a question: is this solution enough for successful pg_dump
or I have to do something else to exclude failure ?

Thanks
Slava