Advice on mysql to postgres conversion.

From: Theo Galanakis <Theo(dot)Galanakis(at)lonelyplanet(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Advice on mysql to postgres conversion.
Date: 2005-04-04 04:50:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I would be keen to find a tool that is capable of comparing actual
data. I need to confirm if a migration from mysql to postgres is successful.
I have tried dbdiff however it appears very slow, as it uses odbc and pulls
data across to network to the client. I'm after something I could run on the
server(linux based) that can compare data, perhaps some sort of scripting
might be able to achieve the results im after. I would appreciate any
advice.

Regards,
Theo

This email, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee
and may be confidential, privileged and subject to copyright. If you
have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete
it. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
use, copy or disclose its content to anyone. You must not copy or
communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to
copyright, unless you have the consent of the content owner.