resend: Chinese sort order problem

From: Ren Weili <renweili(at)csvw(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: resend: Chinese sort order problem
Date: 2001-10-29 07:45:05
Lists: pgsql-general

hi all,
I am shade to disturb people here again, but to my Question , i
have not effective answer.
it has been suffering me for 3 weeks.

the problem is : How the Postgresql treet the Chinese Text Field
sort(order by)?
It seems always false sort order. but the MySQL does this very well.

in my machine "select getdatabaseencoding();" returns "EUC_CN"
and "\encoding" returns "EUC_CN" too.
I have tested for "createdb -E EUC_CN / SQL_ASII / LATIN1" ,
the option "EUC_CN" / "SQL_ASII" results same .

I have also tried recompling the source with "configure
--enable-locale --enable-multibyte=EUC_CN", it does no help.

So i want to know where is the source code of SQL "ORDER BY", if
nobody else could help me, I can only choose to
study the source and solve it by myself.

Any suggestion is kind to me.
Thanks.
Malix