RE: Transaction commits VS Transaction commits (with parallel) VS query mean time

From: "Jamison, Kirk" <k(dot)jamison(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Haribabu Kommi' <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Transaction commits VS Transaction commits (with parallel) VS query mean time
Date: 2019-03-19 07:46:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Hari-san,

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:25 PM (GMT+9), Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> I try to fix it by adding a check for parallel worker or not and based on it
> count them into stats. Patch attached.
>
> With this patch, currently it doesn't count parallel worker transactions, and
> rest of the stats like seqscan and etc are still get counted. IMO they still
> may need to be counted as those stats represent the number of tuples
> returned and etc.
>
> Comments?

I took a look at your patch, and it’s pretty straightforward.
However, currently the patch does not apply, so I reattached an updated one
to keep the CFbot happy.

The previous patch also had a missing header to detect parallel workers
so I added that. --> #include "access/parallel.h"

Regards,
Kirk Jamison

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Avoid-counting-parallel-worker-transactions-stats_v2.patch application/octet-stream 1.7 KB