RE: [INTERFACES] Re: [sql] mysql vs. postgresql

From: "Jackson, DeJuan" <djackson(at)cpsgroup(dot)com>
To: "Christopher R(dot) Jones" <cj(at)interlog(dot)com>, sql(at)chalmers(dot)com(dot)au
Cc: mysql(at)lists(dot)mysql(dot)com, PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Re: [sql] mysql vs. postgresql
Date: 1999-05-14 20:26:59
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I use PHP myself, but if I'm not mistaken there is a PostgreSQL Perl DBI
module (check CPAN).
And libpq can be compiled for Windows (not to mention all the other
platforms), so the Postgres.pm should work just fine.

I also think the PostgreSQL's user base is sufficient.

I'd say the discussion comes down to
I need a fast reliable database, but I don't need transactions then
MySQL
else PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL has its problem as does MySQL. PostgreSQL sacrifices some speed
for features that MySQL doesn't give.

And remember you get the code so you can fix it.