Re: Improve join_search_one_level readibilty (one line change)

From: "Tristan Partin" <tristan(at)neon(dot)tech>
To: 謝東霖 <douenergy(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Improve join_search_one_level readibilty (one line change)
Date: 2023-06-07 15:26:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed Jun 7, 2023 at 10:05 AM CDT, 謝東霖 wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
> > That shows exactly the problem being complained about.
>
> I apologize for not using the correct MIME type in my previous email
> to the pg-hackers mailing list. Upon sending the first email, I
> realized that my patch was labeled as "application/x-patch" instead of
> "text/x-patch."
>
> To make it more convenient for others to read the patch in the mail
> archives, I changed the file extension of my v2 patch to ".txt." (
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CANWNU8xm07jYUHxGh3XNHtcY37z%2B56-6bDD4piPt6%3DKidiHshQ%40mail.gmail.com
> )
>
> However, I encountered an issue where cfbot did not apply the ".txt"
> file. I am still interested in learning **how to submit patches with
> the proper "text/x-patch" MIME type using Gmail.**
>
> I have noticed that some individuals have successfully used Gmail to
> submit patches with the correct MIME type.
>
> If anyone can provide assistance with this matter, I would be
> grateful. I am willing to contribute any helpful tips regarding using
> Gmail for patch submission to the Postgres wiki.
>
> I believe it is something like Mutt, right?

Might be a good idea to reach out to the people directly about how they
do it.

I am using Gmail with this work account, but I am using aerc to interact
with the list. I could rant all day about Gmail :). All of my patches
seem to get the right MIME types. Could be worth looking into if you
like terminal-based workflows at all.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)