Re: pg_replslotdata - a tool for displaying replication slot information

From: "Gurjeet" <gurjeet(at)singh(dot)im>
To: "Julien Rouhaud" <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Bharath Rupireddy" <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn(at)amazon(dot)com>, "Michael Paquier" <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, "Andres Freund" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_replslotdata - a tool for displaying replication slot information
Date: 2023-04-13 17:41:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon Jan 17, 2022 at 5:11 AM PST, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 04:10:13PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Juilen. I'm okay if the patch gets dropped.
>
> Ok, I will take care of that soon.

I find this utility interesting and useful, especially for the reason
that it can provide information about the replication slots without
consuming a connection. I would be willing to continue the work on it.

Just checking here if, a year later, anyone has seen any more, or
interesting use-cases that would make it a candidate for its inclusion
in Postgres.

Best regards,
Gurjeet, http://Gurje.et
Postgres Contributors Team, https://aws.amazon.com/opensource