Re: pg_restore error

From: "Curtis Mortensen" <shakiro2(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_restore error
Date: 2002-09-09 21:54:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

I finally got a chance to try out your suggestions, but it seems that
something I'm doing is still wrong.

When I try the first method described below, I get this error:

You are now connected as new user postgres.
ERROR: function plpgsql_call_handler already exists with same argument
types
ERROR: Language plpgsql already exists
\connect: FATAL 1: IDENT authentication failed for user "cmortensen"

When I try the other method, I get this error:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: function
plpgsql_call_handler already exists with same argument types

I get the impression that the problem is deeper than just trying to backup,
but being a very green novice to Postgres, I'm not sure where to start
tracking the problem to its source...

Thanks for all your help so far :)