Re: BUG #14109: pg_rewind fails to update target control file in one scenario

From: John Lumby <johnlumby(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Julien Rouhaud <julien(dot)rouhaud(at)dalibo(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14109: pg_rewind fails to update target control file in one scenario
Date: 2016-04-25 22:15:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I've tested same scenario but with the setting

recovery_target_timeline = 'latest'

and on 9.5.2,

and now the new Standby receives new WAL correctly after the pg_rewind and restart

So,  assuming this is reliable (will work without requiring archiving)
then my problem is solved.

Thanks for everyone's help,  please close the bug as user error

Cheers,  John