PostgresSQL 8.4 - Data output - Newline

From: "Paul (dot)" <larkybark123(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgresSQL 8.4 - Data output - Newline
Date: 2012-05-02 21:42:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

Made a SQL query that i run. However the data output is bit nasty to
read since the lenght of it so i want break it into a new line to make
it easier to read. I understood i could do this by using a newline
command but the ones i found hasnt worked (they just create a new empty
column).For instance: ' \n ' , E ' \n '.

Anyone can help me out here what it is i need to use?

To make it clear, say i have 2 columns only (VPIP and PFR). Now data output when i run the query is
VPIP PFR
15 13

I want to be able to make the data output to be
VPIP
15
PFR
13