Redirection Unexpected error

From: Seth Rubin <srubin(at)thoughtprocess(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Redirection Unexpected error
Date: 2003-09-30 03:50:47
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

After a struggle, I've been running postgres OK on my winXP Home machine,
and it's working fine now. However, when trying to install exactly the same
configuration on someone else's XPhome machine, I'm getting a weird error I
haven't seen before.

Both postmaster and vi exit with a "syntax error: redirection unexpected"
whenever they're invoked. I suspect this is more a cygwin-related problem,
but I haven't found much in any archive except a similar query from 3 years
ago.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-- Seth