Re: Problem with DirectFunctionCall3(array_in,...)

From: "Jessica Ditt" <jessica(dot)ditt(at)web(dot)de>
To: <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Michael Fuhr" <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with DirectFunctionCall3(array_in,...)
Date: 2005-05-02 17:43:12
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thank you very, very much so far.

>This is the intended and documented behavior --- see fmgr/README:

>: The DirectFunctionCallN routines will not bother to fill in
>: fcinfo->flinfo (indeed cannot, since they have no idea about an OID for
>: the target function); they will just set it NULL.

I actually read this text, but somehow did not consider it as solution to my
problem.

I think, I'll have a closer look at the involved structures as well as the
system of calling existing functions now.

I'd be glad, if you assist me with further emerging problems in the future
;)

kind regards, Jessica