Creating Text Files from Tables

From: "Warren Murray" <murray_warren(at)bah(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Creating Text Files from Tables
Date: 2006-02-10 13:06:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

This maybe be on a more complex side, but I'm a novice to say the least, how
can I export a text delimited file from Postgresql. The file will be
transferred into a specific directory for use with another system. text
file row sample: 396,"bigshoes.blue.7"

My last question is how can I create a series of fixed-width text files from
tables and/or queries in a Postgresql database?

Warren