Re: Migrating Stored Procedures from MS SQL Server

From: "David Witham" <davidw(at)unidial(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Kumar" <sgnerd(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)sg>, "psql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Migrating Stored Procedures from MS SQL Server
Date: 2003-08-29 05:31:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Kumar,

You'll need to use PL/pgSQL for your stored procedures.

When I migrated from Informix I found it was pretty easy - just a syntactic conversion of the procedures and a few data types to rename. The tricky bit is when you have used a MS SQL Server concept that PostgreSQL doesn't support. You'll need to write some new code or at worst redesign your logic to work around the differences. I don't expect there would be automated tools that could do that for you.

Regards,
David