Actual Cost

From: Donald Dong <xdong(at)csumb(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Actual Cost
Date: 2019-02-16 23:10:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

When explaining a query, I think knowing the actual rows and pages in addition
to the operation type (e.g seqscan) would be enough to calculate the actual
cost. The actual cost metric could be useful when we want to look into how off
is the planner's estimation, and the correlation between time and cost. Would
it be a feature worth considering?

Thank you,
Donald Dong