Re: Real vs Int performance

From: David Greco <David_Greco(at)harte-hanks(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Real vs Int performance
Date: 2011-01-27 13:48:00
Lists: pgsql-performance

Right you are. Kettle is turning the number(11) field from Oracle into a BigNumber, which is a decimal. If I cast the field into an Integer in Kettle and keep the field an integer in Postgres, I get good performance. Suspect the correct course of action would simply be to make number(11) fields in Oracle numeric(11,0) fields in Postgres.