Re: pg_largeobject.sql script not run after upgrade

From: Stuart Ford <stuart(dot)ford(at)glide(dot)uk(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_largeobject.sql script not run after upgrade
Date: 2013-07-03 14:59:30
Lists: pgsql-general

On 24/06/2013 19:20, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 06:03:40PM +0000, Stuart Ford wrote:

>> Do you know if not running this script would explain the fact that our
>> dump file sizes have been much smaller than expected?
>
>It might be possible if lack of pg_largeobject_metadata values causes
>your large objects not to be dumped; I have not tested this.

This did turn out to be the case in the end, FYI. Dump sizes returned to
normal after the permissions were created.

Many thanks for your assistance, much appreciated.

Stuart

This email and any attachments contain confidential and proprietary information of Glide Utilities Limited intended only for the use of the person to whom it is addressed. Unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of the email or its content may result in legal liability. If you have received the email in error, please immediately notify us by telephone on +44 333 666 5555 or email glide(at)glide(dot)uk(dot)com

The sender does not accept liability for any loss or damage from receipt or use thereof which arises as a result of internet transmission. Any views/opinions expressed within this email and any attachments are that of the individual and not necessarily that of Glide Utilities Limited.

Glide is a registered trademark of Glide Utilities Limited. Registered Office: Alpha Tower, Suffolk Street Queensway, Birmingham, B1 1TT. Registered in England & Wales. Registered Company No. 06194523.