pg_largeobject.sql script not run after upgrade

From: Stuart Ford <stuart(dot)ford(at)glide(dot)uk(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_largeobject.sql script not run after upgrade
Date: 2013-06-24 11:13:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear community

Last week we upgraded our database from 8.4 to 9.1. The upgrade seemed to
go fine and the database seems to have been working fine ever since
(around a week now).

However, today I noticed the output from the pg_upgrade command contained
the following:

| Your installation contains large objects.
| The new database has an additional large object
| permission table so default permissions must be
| defined for all large objects. The file:
| /tmp/pg_largeobject.sql
| when executed by psql by the database super-user
| will define the default permissions.

I missed this at the time, my fault, it was at the end of a stressful
migration evening.

Is it safe to run this script now, a week in to using the upgraded
database? Can this be done while the database is live?

Would appreciate your advice.

Stuart Ford

This email and any attachments contain confidential and proprietary information of Glide Utilities Limited intended only for the use of the person to whom it is addressed. Unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of the email or its content may result in legal liability. If you have received the email in error, please immediately notify us by telephone on +44 333 666 5555 or email glide(at)glide(dot)uk(dot)com

The sender does not accept liability for any loss or damage from receipt or use thereof which arises as a result of internet transmission. Any views/opinions expressed within this email and any attachments are that of the individual and not necessarily that of Glide Utilities Limited.

Glide is a registered trademark of Glide Utilities Limited. Registered Office: Alpha Tower, Suffolk Street Queensway, Birmingham, B1 1TT. Registered in England & Wales. Registered Company No. 06194523.