RE: [INTERFACES] Resources

From: Clark Joel A1C AMC CSS <Joel(dot)Clark(at)scott(dot)af(dot)mil>
To: "'Stephen Martin Trans-Euro I(dot)T Ltd'" <stephen(at)sealteam(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>, pg-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Resources
Date: 1999-07-20 14:20:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Stephen Martin Trans-Euro I.T Ltd wrote:

> Hello,
> can anybody point me in the direction of any web sites that cover
> both postgres and Visual Basic?
> as in postgres using VB..
>
> Any leads will be followed up...
>
> Regards Stephen

You actually have two choices...

The first is to use ODBC, and then you have access to a lot of
resources on the net (Yahoo is a good place to start looking). I think
there is a actually a small religion devoted to doing VB/ODBC development,
but I can't confirm it. *g* Binaries of the PostgreSQL ODBC driver can be
found at http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc .

The second is to use VC++ to compile libpq into a DLL and then
convert the function prototypes and constants in the header file to VB
declares. This would require a decent knowledge of C and VB, and I doubt
you will find a website that will tell you how to do it. It might be worth
it for someone(?) to maintain VB and Delphi includes that mimic the .h for
libpq, but that is up to some industrious hacker.

jc