Re: PL/PGSQL: Dynamic Record Introspection

From: "Titus von Boxberg" <ut(at)bhi-hamburg(dot)de>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Neil Conway" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/PGSQL: Dynamic Record Introspection
Date: 2005-07-15 14:53:31
Lists: pgsql-patches

I'd like to participate in postgresql development on a time to time basis
as I continue using it and as my knowledge (hopefully) grows.

Having read the FAQ, it's not clear to me, where the patches go (and when)
that I would send into this list.
These are my open questions:

Are the patches applied to HEAD?
And only Very Important Patches are merged to the current or
even an older release branch?

Main background questions are:
What else (besides creating and testing the patch myself) can I do to
alleviate applying (or deciding to apply) the patches?
Could I expect (and if so in what time frame) the patches to appear in HEAD?
So at some time I would find my code in a cvs up?
How do I know that?

Thanks for answering newbie questions.

Regards
Titus