Re: FATAL error "could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file cyrillic_and_mic.so

From: "Jayaraman, Rajaram (STSD)" <rajaram(dot)j(at)hp(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FATAL error "could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file cyrillic_and_mic.so
Date: 2009-10-23 10:39:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Tom,

I replaced the file conversion_create.sql and the db got created.

In the mean while I got into a different problem, I guess this is also a settings related problem.

When I try to connect to the DB and perform insert/update/delete/select operations from the command line all seems to be working fine, but when I try to use my application to connect to the DB I get the following message in the log file and the connection aborts.

LOG: getsockname() failed: Invalid argument
LOG: incomplete startup packet

Can you please help me fix the problem.

Thanks once again for your help.

Regards

Rajaram J
We all make mistakes, but it's our responses to said mistakes that separate true leaders from the rest of the pack.