PHP/PGSQL error after rebooting

From: Jacques Capesius <jacques(at)capesius(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PHP/PGSQL error after rebooting
Date: 2004-03-12 04:14:46
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi guys,

to make a long story short, I had to reboot the webserver and after
much toiling, got apache up and running again, but suddenly, pages that
access the database were either returning no records, or giving me the
below error:

Warning: pg_connect(): Cannot create new link. Too many open links (0).
in ....
the php function throwing the error is pg_connect($conn_string);

I checked some other threads and there was mention of removing
extension=pgsql.so from the php.ini file. Did that and it didn't seem
to help. I running ./postgressql restart from the command line and that
didn't seem to help either.

Does anybody know what I need to do? Would running something like
./postgressql force-reload help? I'm afraid to run that command because
I don't know exactly what it does.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you can offer.

-jacques :-)