Re: 8.3 beta 4 crash on windows 2003 64-bit

From: "Filip Wuytack" <f(dot)wuytack(at)wintoncapital(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.3 beta 4 crash on windows 2003 64-bit
Date: 2007-12-03 17:27:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew,

As to how it was built: I was under the impression that the 8.3 release
is build using MSVSC?

I was keen to give it a try to see if this version would work more
optimally on windows as the pg instance (8.2.5) I run normally suffers
from serious high pages/sec (by looking at perfmon on windows) slowing
the whole thing down (it's connected to a SAN on a 4Gb card and holds >
80 disks...so file I/O should not be the bottleneck).

Now a quick restore back to 8.2.5...

~ Filip