Re: Why Hard-Coded Version 9.1 In Names?

From: Bobby Dewitt <Bdewitt(at)appriss(dot)com>
To: Marti Raudsepp <marti(at)juffo(dot)org>, Jerry Richards <jerry(dot)richards(at)teotech(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why Hard-Coded Version 9.1 In Names?
Date: 2012-02-01 14:28:30
Lists: pgsql-general

We get around this issue by creating a symbolic link called "current" that
points to the version of Postgres that we want our servers to use by
default:

ln -s /var/lib/pgsql/9.1 /var/lib/pgsql/current

The symbolic link is changed whenever we do an upgrade so it doesn't
interfere with anything that we may already have configured.

Thanks,
Bobby