Re: Error detail/hint style fixup

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Error detail/hint style fixup
Date: 2018-03-22 18:56:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 22 Mar 2018, at 17:19, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> In short, I'm not sure it's worth thrashing a lot of our translatable
> strings to enforce a debatable style detail.

I thought I had voiced that exact concern in my previous email, but I totally
missed that.

Being a two-space guy I would like the style to remain that, but I also agree
that the churn is way too expensive and that it’s considered quite obsolete and
old by many. Cutting that change from the patch makes the remainder more
palatable.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
errdetail_hint_style_v3.patch application/octet-stream 19.9 KB