Re: Database Size Limits

From: "Tomeh, Husam" <htomeh(at)firstam(dot)com>
To: "Q Beukes" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database Size Limits
Date: 2006-05-18 15:18:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

To find out the size of a particular postgres database, use the system
function: pg_database_size(db_name). The function returns the db size
in bytes.
For example: select pg_database_size('mydb') ;

I don't believe user quota is implemented in postgres yet to
restrict/control user usage of tablespace.

----

Husam
http://firstdba.googlepages.com

----

Husam Tomeh
Sr. DBA , Database Management & Infrastructure
First American Corporation - RES
Direct: 714.250-6643
Fax: 714.250-6928
2 MacArthur Place, Tower 2, 5Th Floor.