Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: andres(at)anarazel(dot)de
Cc: kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com, alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date: 2018-07-05 13:23:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 3:25 PM Alexander Korotkov
<a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> > My current working state is at [3] (urls to clone repo are at [4]).
> > This is *HEAVILY WIP*. I plan to continue working on it over the next
> > days, but I'll temporarily focus onto v11 work. If others want I could
> > move repo to github and grant others write access.
>
> Github would be more convinient for me.

I've another note. It appears that you leave my patch for locking
last version of tuple in one call (heapam_lock_tuple() function)
almost without changes. During PGCon 2018 Developer meeting I
remember you was somewhat unhappy with this approach. So, do you have
any notes about that for now?
------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company