Re: Re: Fwd: [BUGS] pg_trgm word_similarity inconsistencies or bug

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jan Przemysław Wójcik <jan(dot)przemyslaw(dot)wojcik(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres-Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Fwd: [BUGS] pg_trgm word_similarity inconsistencies or bug
Date: 2018-03-01 21:26:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 11:05 PM, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:

> On 1/4/18 4:25 PM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> >
> > I just found that patch apply is failed according to
> > commitfest.cputube.org <http://commitfest.cputube.org>. I think it's
> > because I sent only second patch from patchset in last message.
> > Anyway I resend both patches rebased to current master.
>
> I agree with Teodor (upthread, not quoted here) that the documentation
> could use some editing.
>
> I started to do it myself, but quickly realized I have no knowledge of
> the content. I'm afraid I would destroy the meaning while updating the
> grammar.

That's to problem. If you're willing to help you can edit the documentation
and let me review that it's correct. Also feel free to ask any questions
and
more explanation from me. Ultimately, we need to have a documentation
that any average user can understand, not to mention you :)

Anyone understand the subject matter well enough to review the
> documentation?

I expect it would be hard to find anybody matching this criteria. But it
would be nice to find one though.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company