Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kartyshov Ivan <i(dot)kartyshov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com, smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed
Date: 2024-03-15 20:34:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 10:32 PM Kartyshov Ivan
<i(dot)kartyshov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:

> On 2024-03-15 22:59, Kartyshov Ivan wrote:
> > On 2024-03-11 13:44, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> >> I picked the second option and left only the AFTER clause for the
> >> BEGIN statement. I think this should be enough for the beginning.
> >
> > Thank you for your rework on your patch, here I made some fixes:
> > 0) autocomplete
> > 1) less jumps
> > 2) more description and add cases in doc

Thank you!

> > I think, it will be useful to have stand-alone statement.
> > Why you would like to see only AFTER clause for the BEGIN statement?

Yes, stand-alone statements might be also useful. But I think that
the best way for this feature to get into the core would be to commit
the minimal version first. The BEGIN clause has minimal invasiveness
for the syntax and I believe covers most typical use-cases. Once we
figure out it's OK and have positive feedback from users, we can do
more enchantments incrementally.

> Rebase and update patch.

Cool, I was just about to ask you to do this.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov