Idea: Always consistent in-database cache using SSI mechanisms

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Idea: Always consistent in-database cache using SSI mechanisms
Date: 2011-10-24 21:28:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hackers,

After Hekki's talk on PgConf.EU about SSI, some idea comes to my mind.
Coundn't be predicate locking implementation in SSI be used for in-database
cache invalidation.
It could be possible to implement in-database cache which will acquire
predicate locks like SSI transactions. In case of any conflich with other
transactions corresponding cache invalidates. Therefore, it might be
possible to get acceleration of caching without risk of inconsistent
answers.
Actually, I don't understand SSI in details. So, probably I mess up things.
Does my idea any matter?

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.