Re: jsonpath

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Nikita Glukhov <n(dot)gluhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: jsonpath
Date: 2019-03-16 09:35:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 12:07 PM Alexander Korotkov
<a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 1:51 PM Alexander Korotkov
> <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 12:40 AM Nikita Glukhov <n(dot)gluhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> > > Attached 36th version of the patches.
> >
> > Thank yo for the revision!
> >
> > In the attached revision following changes are made:
> >
> > > "unknown" refers here to ordinary three-valued logical Unknown, which is
> > > represented in SQL by NULL.
> > >
> > > JSON path expressions return sequences of SQL/JSON items, which are defined by
> > > SQL/JSON data model. But JSON path predicates (logical expressions), which are
> > > used in filters, return three-valued logical values: False, True, or Unknown.
> >
> > * I've added short explanation of this to the documentation.
> > * Removed no longer present data structures from typedefs.list of the
> > first patch.
> > * Moved GIN support patch to number 3. Seems to be well-isolated and
> > not very complex patch. I propose to consider this to 12 too. I
> > added high-level comment there, commit message and made some code
> > beautification.
>
> I think patches 1 and 2 are in committable shape (I reached Tomas
> off-list, he doesn't have more notes regarding them). While patch 3
> requires more review.
>
> I'm going to push 1 and 2 if no objections.

So, pushed. Many thanks to reviewers and authors!

Remaining part I'm proposing for 12 is attached. I appreciate review of it.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Jsonpath-GIN-support-v38.path application/octet-stream 50.0 KB