Re: about google summer of code 2016

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: Shubham Barai <shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: about google summer of code 2016
Date: 2016-02-18 13:44:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Amit Langote <
Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> On 2016/02/17 16:27, Shubham Barai wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I am currently pursuing my bachelor of engineering in computer science
> > at Maharashtra
> > Institute of Technology, Pune ,India. I am very excited about
> contributing
> > to postgres through google summer of code program.
> >
> > Is postgres applying for gsoc 2016 as mentoring organization ?
>
> I think it does. Track this page for updates:
> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/summerofcode/
>
> You can contact one of the people listed on that page for the latest.
>
> I didn't find for 2016 but here is the PostgreSQL wiki page for the last
> year's GSoC page: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2015#Project_Ideas

I've created wiki page for GSoC 2016. It contains unimplemented ideas from
2015 page.
Now, GSoC accepting proposals from organizations. Typically, we have call
for mentors in hackers mailing list in this period.
Thom, do we apply this year?

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company