Re: Covering GiST indexes

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
Cc: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Covering GiST indexes
Date: 2019-03-08 08:58:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 4:16 AM Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se> wrote:

> On 29/01/2019 19.58, Andrey Borodin wrote:
> > PFA patch without redundant checks.
>
> I hope it is ok that I fixed a typo and some wording in the comment,
> plus re-added the btree query which I accidentally removed in my last mail.
>
> I think the current state of the patch is fine, assuming the solution
> with truncTupdesc is deemed to be good enough by the committer, so I
> will mark this as ready for committer.
>
> Thanks for the patch and the speedy fixes!

I made some adjustments for this patch:
* Rename tupledesc and tructTupledesc to leafTupdesc and
nonLeafTupdesc correspondingly. I think this makes things more clear.
* Some improvements to docs and comments.
* Revise commit message.

I'm going to push this on no objections.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Covering-GiST-v11.patch application/octet-stream 31.9 KB