Re: Bug in new buffering GiST build code

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug in new buffering GiST build code
Date: 2012-05-30 09:32:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <
heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> I also spotted and fixed another little oversight: the temporary file
> didn't get deleted after the index build.

I've one note not directly related to buffering build. While I debugging
buffering GiST index build, backend was frequently crashed. After recovery
partially built index file was remain. Do we have some tool to detect such
"dead" files? If not, probably we need some?

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.