Re: TRUE and true

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TRUE and true
Date: 2017-06-22 12:35:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 2:09 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <
horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> Hello, I have a maybe-silly question.
>
> What makes us have both TRUE/true or FALSE/false as constants of
> bool?
>
> The following definitions in c.h didn't mess anything up.
>
> #define TRUE true
> #define FALSE false

+1
I don't know any policy about where to use TRUE and FALSE over true and
false.

# NIL seems causing similar mess.

NIL is used for lists, while NULL is used for other pointers.
That may cause redundant, but at least there is clear policy.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company