Re: WIP: Rework access method interface

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: WIP: Rework access method interface
Date: 2015-08-10 15:41:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> On 2015-08-10 16:58, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
>
>> That should work, thanks! Also we can have SQL-visible functions to get
>> amsupport and amstrategies and use them in the regression tests.
>>

> SQL-visible functions would be preferable to storing it in pg_am as
> keeping the params in pg_am would limit the extensibility of pg_am itself.

I actually meant just two particular functions (not per AM) which both get
AM oid as argument. They should call amhandler and return amsupport and
amstrategies correspondingly.
These functions can be used in regression tests to check opclass and
opfamilies correctness.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company