Re: GIN predicate locking slows down valgrind isolationtests tremendously

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Shubham Barai <shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dmitry Ivanov <d(dot)ivanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: GIN predicate locking slows down valgrind isolationtests tremendously
Date: 2018-12-25 01:32:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 12:19 AM Alexander Korotkov
<a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> So, we're checking for conflict on tree root for every entry insert.
> That's right for posting tree, but completely unneeded for entry tree.
> I'm intended to change that to lock root of only posting tree if
> nobody explains me why I'm wrong...

BTW, I've tried to remove conflict checking from entry tree root
(patch is attached). Neither current or my version of isolation tests
appear to be affected.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
gin-remove-entry-root-conflict-check-1.patch application/octet-stream 3.7 KB