Re: Pluggable storage

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pluggable storage
Date: 2017-09-27 12:08:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> - Minor: don't think the _function suffix for Storis necessary, just
>> makes things long, and every member has it. Besides that, it's also
>> easy to misunderstand - for a second I understood
>> scan_getnext_function to be about getting the next function...
>>

> OK. How about adding _hook?

I've answered to Andrew why I think _function suffix is OK for now.
And I don't particularly like _hook suffix for this purpose, because those
functions are parts of API implementation, not hooks.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company