Re: 2019-03 CF Summary / Review - Tranche #2

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2019-03 CF Summary / Review - Tranche #2
Date: 2019-02-16 22:09:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 11:31 PM Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> On February 16, 2019 11:22:32 AM PST, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> >On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 8:45 AM Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
> >wrote:
> >> - SQL/JSON: jsonpath
> >>
> >> WOA: This seems to need substantial further work before being
> >> committable
> >>
> >> Andres: +0.5 for punting to v13
> >
> >I'm going to post updated patchset next week. All the issues
> >highlighted will be resolved there. So, let's don't decide this too
> >early.
>
> Well, given that the patches still have a lot of the same issues complained about a year ago, where people said we should try to get them into v11, I'm not sure that that's a realistic goal.

I'm sorry, a year ago I didn't understand this issue correctly.
Otherwise, I would push people to do something more productive during
this year.

If solution I'm going to post next week wouldn't be good enough, there
is a backup plan. We can wipe out error suppression completely. Then
we implement less part of standard, but still can get something very
useful into core.

> Jsonb was a success, but also held up the release by several months.

I don't ask to commit patchset in current shape and help up the
release because of it. I just say there is still time before FF. So,
let's not doom patchset too early.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company