Re: Remove 1MB size limit in tsvector

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ildus K <i(dot)kurbangaliev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove 1MB size limit in tsvector
Date: 2017-08-10 15:00:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 7:37 AM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > The patch doesn't really conform to our coding standards, though, so
> > you need to clean it up (or, if you're not sure what you need to do,
> > you need to have someone who knows how PostgreSQL code needs to look
> > review it for you).
>
> The documentation has a couple of rules for coding conventions:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/source.html

+1

Ildus, from the first glance I see at least following violations of
PostgreSQL coding standards in your code.

+/*
+ * Converts tsvector with the old structure to current.
+ * @orig - tsvector to convert,
+ * @copy - return copy of tsvector, it has a meaning when tsvector doensn't
+ * need to be converted.
+ */
This comment will be reflowed by pgindent. Also we don't use '@' for
parameters description in comments.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/source-format.html

+TSVector
+tsvector_upgrade(Datum orig, bool copy)
+{
+ int i,
+ dataoff = 0,
+ datalen = 0,
+ totallen;
+ TSVector in,
+ out;

You have random mix of tabs and spaces here.

+ {
+ stroff = SHORTALIGN(stroff); \
+ entry->hasoff = 0;
+ entry->len = lexeme_len;
+ entry->npos = npos;
+ }

What this backslash is doing here?
There are other similar (and probably different) violations of coding
standard over the code. Ildus, please check you patches carefully before
publishing.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company