Re: WIP: index support for regexp search

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: WIP: index support for regexp search
Date: 2012-11-30 11:28:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> For depth-first it's not.

Oh, I didn't explained it.
In order to stop graph processing we need to be sure that we put all
outgoing arcs from state or assume that state to be final. In DFS we can be
in the final part of graph producing but still didn't add some arc (with
new trigram) from initial state directly to the final state. It obviously
leads to false negatives.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.