Re: foreign join error "variable not found in subplan target list"

From: Etsuro Fujita <etsuro(dot)fujita(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: foreign join error "variable not found in subplan target list"
Date: 2022-08-30 07:50:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 6:46 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I'm looking again on how we adjust the PathTarget, and I think we may
> need to update the cost and width fields if there are any new columns
> added. Maybe we can leverage set_pathtarget_cost_width for that.

I'm not really sure we really need to make the estimates accurate,
because 1) the resulting EPQ plan is used only for rechecks, so the
estimates would not be that important IMO, and 2) in fact, we don't
adjust the estimates of a given EPQ plan in postgresGetForeignPlan()
even when replacing the plan's tlist and/or removing local conditions
from the plan. Is it worth expending the cycles here?

Sorry for the late reply.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita