postgres_fdw: Minor improvement to postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc

From: Etsuro Fujita <etsuro(dot)fujita(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres_fdw: Minor improvement to postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc
Date: 2019-06-28 09:38:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

In postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc, we 1) determine the fetch size and
then 2) construct the fetch command in each iteration of fetching some
rows from the remote, but that would be totally redundant. Attached
is a patch for removing that redundancy.

I'll add this to the upcoming commitfest.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc.patch application/octet-stream 3.0 KB